For Professional Advisors
As your partner, we'll help you provide your clients with the information they want about charitable giving.
We have a complete tax update service for CPAs, attorneys, CLUs, CFPs, ChFCs, trust officers and other professional friends. The GiftLaw services are made available to all advisors as a free service.
Rose Meissner, President of the Community Foundation, is also always available to assist in helping you provide clients with clear and understandable gift illustrations. If you would like assistance with a gift illustration, please contact Rose at (574) 232-0041 or email her.
We also provide several useful free resources for Professional Advisors:
- Gift Law Pro, a complete charitable giving and tax information service
- Planned Gifts Calculator, several different calculators that show the income and tax benefits of specific types of planned gifts
- Advisor News: Washington Highlights, a summary of recent national finance and tax news of interest to professional advisors
- Advisor News: Case of the Week
- Advisor News: Article of the Month
- Advisor News: Private Letter Ruling
Spike and Anne Abernethy have deep roots in our community: Spike’s family came to South Bend in 1831, when Andrew Jackson was President; Anne’s family—the O’Briens, founders of South Bend Lathe Works—has been here since 1906. Lifelong South Bend residents themselves, the Abernethys live in a historic Italianate farmhouse on South Bend’s south side that has been home to their family for seven generations.
They also have a long-term commitment to philanthropy, a family activity that includes Spike, Anne, and their three daughters Sarah, Megan, and Molly.