2013 ArtsEverywhere Performing Arts Series Begins July 20 with "Wizard of Oz"
For the fourth year, the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County will present the award-winning ArtsEverywhere Performing Arts Series in the Chris Wilson Pavilion at South Bend’s Potawatomi Park.
This six-event free series begins on July 20 and runs on consecutive Saturdays through August 24, 2013. All events begin at 7 p.m., and include:
- July 20: Indiana University South Bend's Raclin School of the Arts performs "The Wizard of Oz," a play for children, with additional children's activities
- July 27: The University of Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival’s Young Company presents "A Midsummer Night’s Dream"
- August 3: Members of South Bend Civic Theatre and Elkhart Civic Theatre perform an evening of musical hits,"house party" style
- August 10: Southold Dance Theater presents an evening of dance, featuring two guest artists and some of the company's top students
- August 17: "World of Guitar," featuring New West Guitar Group (one of whose members—John Storie—was a former student of Chris Wilson) along with Chicago's Fareed Haque
- August 24: The South Bend Symphony Orchestra will perform, with a special "community play-along" as its final number (Rain location: Adams High School)
All events are free and open to the public. Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating. Fiddler's Hearth will offer food and drinks for purchase at each event. All events will be professionally amplified and lit by EventSys.
Please note: Only our final event has a rain location. For all other events, we will make a decision as to whether or not to cancel as early as possible on the day of the performance, and will post that information here and at IntheBend.com.
The ArtsEverywhere Performing Arts Series is sponsored by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County's ArtsEverywhere Fund, the family of Christopher H. Wilson, South Bend Parks and Recreation Department, and the Indiana Arts Commission. Visit South Bend Mishawaka is our promotional partner.