For Professional Advisors
As your partner, we'll help you provide your clients with the information they want about charitable giving.
We have a complete tax update service for CPAs, attorneys, CLUs, CFPs, ChFCs, trust officers and other professional friends. The GiftLaw services are made available to all advisors as a free service.
Rose Meissner, president of the Community Foundation, is also always available to assist in helping you provide clients with clear, easy-to-understand gift illustrations. If you'd like assistance with a gift illustration, please contact Rose at (574) 232-0041 or email her.
We also provide several useful free resources for Professional Advisors (see links below). If you'd like to receive our weekly "Advisor News" update email, call our office at (574) 232-0041 or email us.
- Gift Law Pro, a complete charitable giving and tax information service
- Planned Gifts Calculator, several different calculators that show the income and tax benefits of specific types of planned gifts
- Guide to Giving, a 20-page brochure that can help your clients explore options of how to give, what to give, and when to give in partnership with the Community Foundation
- Advisor News: Washington Highlights, a summary of recent national finance and tax news of interest to professional advisors
- Advisor News: Case of the Week
- Advisor News: Article of the Month
- Advisor News: Private Letter Ruling
When Kyle Chamberlin and Katie Hummer decided to get married, they knew that three beloved family members wouldn’t be able to attend their wedding: Kyle’s maternal grandfather Howard Hull, Katie’s paternal grandfather James Hummer, and Katie’s maternal grandfather Theodore Snider, all of whom had passed away. Family is tremendously important to Kyle and Katie, and, as they joined their lives together, the young couple wanted to find a way to include and honor these three special men.
To do that, they decided to create an endowed scholarship fund with the Community Foundation: the Hull, Hummer, and Snider (HHS) Memorial Scholarship Fund.