2019 Community Foundation Performing Arts Series
Line-up Announced for Free Summer Concerts at the Chris Wilson Pavilion in Potawatomi Park
For the tenth consecutive year, the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County will present the award-winning Community Foundation Performing Arts Series in the Chris Wilson Pavilion at South Bend’s Potawatomi Park. This six-event free series begins on July 20 and runs on consecutive Saturdays through August 24, featuring some of our community's best arts talent.
- July 20: The IUSB Jazz Ensemble performs popular big band and swing jazz
- July 27: The Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival’s Fremont Park Company performs scenes from Shakespeare
- Aug. 3: South Bend Civic Theatre presents an encore performance of the musical "Oliver!"
- Aug. 10: Southold Dance Theater presents an evening of ballet and contemporary dance, featuring the company’s top students
- Aug. 17: The South Bend Chamber Singers performs an evening of Shaker melodies under the direction of Nancy Menk
- Aug. 24: The South Bend Symphony Orchestra performs, including a special community play-along of Grieg’s “In the Hall of the Mountain King” and Bernstein's "Mambo" from West Side Story. Local musicians can register to play at www.cfsjc.org/2019playalong
The Community Foundation Performing Arts Series is sponsored by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County’s ArtsEverywhere Fund, the Marjorie H. Wilson Charitable Trust Fund, and the Indiana Arts Commission. South Bend Venues, Parks and Arts is a key partner. The South Bend Youth Symphony Orchestras is a performance partner for the Aug. 24 community play-along event.