Lilly Endowment Inc. Offers 2-to-1 Matching Opportunity
Challenge Grant to Build Community Endowment Fund
Lilly Endowment Inc., an Indianapolis-based private philanthropic foundation founded by members of the Eli Lilly family, has announced an exciting opportunity for the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County to build our Community Endowment Fund. That’s the fund that contains our pool of flexible, unrestricted money that allows us to be nimble in addressing critical needs in our community.
From now through December 31, 2020, Lilly Endowment Inc. will match all gifts to our Community Endowment Fund with two dollars for every dollar we receive, up to $500,000. In other words, if we raise $500,000, we’ll receive an additional $1 million from Lilly Endowment Inc.
It’s money that makes a big difference. Our Community Endowment Fund provides much of the pool from which we award our competitive grants, and also funds our initiative work.
This is a rare chance to bring in matching dollars from outside of our county, making every local donation go farther. If you can, help us maximize this remarkable opportunity with your gift!
You can learn more about Lilly Endowment Inc. and the details of this opportunity here.
HOW THE MATCH WORKS
- Before December 31, 2020, make a gift to the Community Foundation’s Community Endowment Fund.
- Lilly Endowment Inc. will match that gift 2-to-1, tripling its value. For example, a $100 gift will draw $200 in matching dollars—a total benefit of $300 for the Foundation.
HOW TO GIVE
- Give online with your credit card at https://cfsjc.org/give. Just choose “Community Endowment Fund” from the list of options.
- Give by check, noting “Community Endowment Fund” in the memo line. Mail it to us at 205 W. Jefferson, Suite 610, South Bend, IN, 46601, or drop it off.
- For gifts of stock, IRA gifts, or pledges, call us at (574) 232-0041.