Tameka Luten Memorial Teacher Scholarship
- Resident of St. Joseph County, Indiana
- Possess a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate need
- Be a junior- or a senior-level student in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in education through a full-time course of study in Indiana University South Bend School of Education, or a post-graduate student in pursuit of a master’s degree through a part-time or full-time course of study in Indiana University South Bend School of Education
- Preference for an elementary education student and secondly a student intending to teach 1st grade
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) and the IUSB Online Scholarship Application
- $1,000 per year (paid $500 per semester) for tuition and required fees. Undergraduates may receive the award no more than two consecutive academic years. Post-graduate students may receive awards for up to three years, contingent on satisfactory progress toward a master’s degree as determined by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County. The scholarship is renewable each March 1st as long as the student maintains a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, remains in good academic standing, and is making satisfactory progress toward the student’s intended degree.
- One new award is given whenever previous recipient graduates or no longer qualifies. (The scholarship is renewable and will follow the recipient for allotted time as described above.)
- Students must complete IUSB’s Online Scholarship Application and the FAFSA in order to be considered for this scholarship. Determined by the IUSB Office of Student Scholarships but typically in March every year.
- Visit the ISUB Office of Student Scholarships for additional information.